Washington Performing Arts employment decisions are made based on the business needs of the organization and qualification of the applicants and employees. It is the policy of Washington Performing Arts to comply with all laws regarding equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants. Federal law prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission, access or employment. In addition, the District of Columbia adds protection for marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, or political affiliation.
• Ticketing and Marketing Coordinator
View Job Description
Title: Ticketing and Marketing Coordinator
Department: External Relations
Immediate Supervisor: Ticket Services Manager
Project Supervisor: Audience Engagement Manager
Summary of Position:
The Ticketing and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assisting the External Relations department in reaching its annual earned revenue goals by supporting the Ticket Services Manager in achieving a top-quality environment for the Ticket Services Office. S/he is responsible for a high level of productivity and consistent excellence in customer service. S/he ensures phone coverage at all times and utilizes Tessitura to manage all ticket inventories, to maintain and edit pricing, and to provide ticket sales reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest level of customer service and patron relations through verbal and written communications.
- Provide leadership in ensuring phone duty coverage, seeking to limit hold times for patrons whenever possible.
- Maintain Ticket Services policies and procedures, including bi-weekly work schedules.
- Proactively ensure brochures are available at all venues, the office lobby, and office racks.
Ticket Services Operations
- Process internal/external ticket orders adhering to box office policies and procedures.
- Assist with management of ticket inventory for all events including venue consignments, ensuring tickets are available for purchase through venues as well as discount outlets as instructed by the External Relations Department.
- Assist with releases and holds for internal departments.
- Assist in maintaining a secure environment for financial transactions.
- Assist the Ticket Services Manager in season setup, performance closeouts, and end of day settlement procedures.
- Participate in the development of improved processes to provide optimum accuracy, streamline operations, and enhance standards.
- Manage all donation and complimentary ticket programs.
- Assist with the preparation of subscriptions.
- Maintain all ticketing equipment, supplies and printers.
- Engage in outbound calling campaigns as assigned by the Ticket Services Manager.
Venue Coordination and Communication
- Coordinate brochure duty at all venues for External Relations staff.
- Communicate pertinent Washington Performing Arts business to partner venues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure the retrieval of patron information from venues after each performance.
Member of External Relations Team
- Assist in brainstorming creative strategies for establishing sales campaigns, promoting individual events, and increasing organizational visibility and brand awareness.
- Represent Washington Performing Arts at performances and functions such as special events and committee meetings.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer service.
- Work with Audience Engagement Manager to facilitate Junior Board events.
- Develop content for various Washington Performing Arts constituent communications platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Social Media Marketing
- Work with Audience Engagement Manager to manage the Washington Performing Arts Instagram account in coordination with other social media efforts. Provide analysis throughout the year on Instagram customer base growth and response rates to campaigns and postings.
Student Discount Ticketing Marketing
- Manage the Student Discount Ticket program by establishing communication within varied student communities, disseminate information on available tickets, serve as the organization’s point of contact, and provide reports on student ticket sales and response analysis.
- Manage the Student Ticket Ambassadors Program.
- Serve as point of contact for Student Ambassadors.
- Submit material requests (flyers, postcards, emails, etc.) to Audience Engagement Manager
- Office supply maintenance: place supply orders for the Washington Performing Arts office.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum 2 years experience in ticket sales or customer service related field.
- Must be detailed-oriented, have the ability to multi-task, and possess excellent customer service/communications skills.
- Computer/data entry skills to include knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Ticketing/CRM software, preferably Tessitura
- Weekend and weekday evening performance duty required.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Rachel Loose, Ticket Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
You may download a copy of this job description - click here