2016 Annual Gala & Auction
Gala honoree Doug Wheeler
- Saturday, March 5, 2016, Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium
- Honoring and celebrating Douglas Wheeler, President Emeritus, and serve as a springboard to next year’s 50th Anniversary celebration.
- JUST ANNOUNCED! Performances by special tribute guest Midori, bass-baritone Soloman Howard, and Washington Performing Arts’ Children of the Gospel Choir
- Featuring cocktails, auction, dinner, and dancing with Doc Scantlin and His Imperial Palms Orchestra…and a few surprises!
- Over 600 guests expected, including members of Congress and the diplomatic corps, as well as international, national, and local business and civic leaders.
Sponsorship opportunities begin at $10,000 with a range of benefits.
Individual tickets for the event are $750 per person.
Proceeds Benefit Artistic and Educational Arts Initiatives
The proceeds raised at the Annual Gala and Auction will support Washington Performing Arts’ arts education initiatives that focus on Washington area children and families. These include Capital Arts Partnerships, Embassy Adoption Program, In-School Artist Residencies, master classes and lectures, and professional development for teachers and Washington Performing Arts teaching artists.
For more information, please contact Roger Whyte, Director of Special Events, at (202) 533-1891 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.